The South African Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant has been a critical lifeline for many individuals and families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, with the large volume of applications and ongoing changes to the program, it can be challenging to keep track of the status of your application or reconsideration. Having reliable information and resources to check your status can be incredibly helpful in this context.
You will be provided with a step-by-step guide on checking the status of your SRD grant application or reconsideration. Whether you’re waiting for your payment or need to appeal a decision, we have provided all that.
SRD Status Check: How To Check SRD Grant Status
To check the status of your SRD grant application, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) website at https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status.
- Enter your South African ID and phone number used to apply in their respective text fields.
- Click on the “Submit” button afterwards.
- The status of your grant will be displayed on the screen with all previous months.
- You will notice the following:
- Approved with pay dates
- Approved without pay dates
- Decline with the reason why the decline
If your application is still being processed, you may need to wait a bit longer before updating the status. If you have any further questions about your SRD grant application status, you can contact the SASSA call centre at 0800 60 10 11.
How Do I Check My SASSA R350 Payday?
If you used WhatsApp or GovChat to apply for the reinstated SRD R350 Grant, you could use the same platform to check your payment dates. One thing you have to keep in mind is the reference code – an alphanumeric key that was generated by the system after the completion of your SRD grant application.
If you did not apply with either GovChat or Whatsapp, you would not be able to check your Payday with the following steps.
To check your SASSA R350 Payday via GovChat, do the following:
- Enter your phone number to sign in.
- Click “SASSA services” and choose the “SASSA SRD R350” from the drop-down list.
- Click on “checking application status.”
- You will be prompted to enter the reference number given during registration.
- Click on “Submit” after you have entered your reference number.
- Your status will show if approved, declined, or pending.
If your payment has not been made, you may need to wait a bit longer before the status is updated. If you have any further questions about your SASSA R350 Payday status, you can contact the SASSA call centre at 0800 60 10 11.
How Do I Check If My R350 Grant Was Approved?
Once you’ve submitted your application, you can check if your R350 Grant was approved. Follow these simple steps:
- Add 082 046 8553 to your contacts.
- Send a message to the number on WhatsApp saying ‘status.’
- You will then be required to provide your ID number and the phone number you used during your application.
- If your application has been approved, the status of your application will be displayed on the screen.
If your application has yet to be approved, the status will indicate that your application is still being processed. If you have any further questions about the status of your R350 grant application, you can contact the SASSA call centre at 0800 60 10 11.
What Happens If SASSA R350 Approved But No Payment Date?
If your SASSA R350 grant application has been approved, but no payment date has been provided, it may mean that your application is still being processed or that some issues must be resolved before payment can be made.
Ensuring that your contact information is up-to-date and accurate is essential. SASSA may need to contact you to resolve issues or request additional information.
You can also contact the SASSA call centre at 0800 60 10 11 to inquire about the status of your application and to get more information about when you can expect to receive your payment.
Due to the large volume of applications, processing times may vary, and it may take some time before your payment is made. However, SASSA is committed to ensuring that eligible applicants receive their payments as soon as possible.
How To Check SRD Grant Status On Moya App
Moya App is a data-free service app applicants can use to check their SRD grant status.
Launch the Moya App to begin. The app does not require data before you can check your SRD grant status, but you need to turn on your data or internet connection to be able to check your status.
- Go to “Discovery” on your Moya app.
- The home page of https://srd.sassa.gov.za should open.
- Scroll and tap on “Check SASSA SRD status.”
- Click on the “Application Status” button.
- Enter the ID number and the phone number used during the application.
- Click on the “Submit” button afterwards.
- Your status will be displayed for all months since your information was first submitted.
If approved, it will be displayed with pay dates and sometimes without. If it is declined, it will show why your application was rejected. If that happens, you can appeal that your application was unduly rejected.
If your application is still being processed, you may need to wait a bit longer before the status is updated. If you have any further questions about your SRD grant application status, you can contact the SASSA call centre at 0800 60 10 11.
If you do not have the Moya app, you can download it via moya.app.
How To Check SRD Grant Reconsideration Status
SASSA’s reconsideration system automatically allows applicants who have been declined for the SRD R350 to appeal for 2023.
In the previous SRD R350 grants application, declined applicants had to send an appeal application to the email address email@example.com, but looking at the tedious work of checking thousands of emails individually, SASSA added a reconsideration module to its online registration platform where applicants can appeal without sending an email.
To check the status of your SRD grant reconsideration, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) website at https://services.sassa.gov.za/selfservice/covid-19-applications/status.
- Enter your ID number and click on the “Submit” button.
- Select the “SRD reconsideration” option from the list of available options.
- Enter your reconsideration reference number and click on the “Submit” button.
- If your reconsideration has been processed, the status of your application will be displayed on the screen.
If your reconsideration is still being processed, you may need to wait a bit longer before the status is updated. If you have any further questions about your SRD grant reconsideration status, you can contact the SASSA call centre at 0800 60 10 11.
How to Change SASSA SRD Phone Number
How to Change SASSA SRD Phone Number. We will share information about how you can change your cellphone number on the SRD grant
How To Change SASSA Gold Card To Bank Account
Change SASSA Gold Card To Bank Account. Read on to learn how to convert your gold card to a bank account.
‘SASSA Status Check Failed’: What Does It Mean?
‘SASSA Status Check Failed’ message can be intimidating to deal with- but we have all the information you need right here.
How To Apply For SASSA Disability Grant: Comprehensive Guide
In need of a SASSA disability grant? If so, this blog post is for you. Here, you will find the ultimate guide to applying for a SASSA disability grant
How To Claim SASSA Funeral Benefits
SASSA funeral benefits claims can be paid within 72 hours after you apply. The agency makes it a priority to serve all eligible beneficiaries.
Required Documents to Apply for Sassa Disability Grant
Learn more about the SASSA disability grant. We will share more info about the Required Documents for Sassa Disability Grant
How to Change SASSA Card PIN
How to Change SASSA Card PIN. You can change your SASSA PIN if you have either forgotten it or want to change it for security reasons
SASSA Status Check – R350 Payment Dates 2023
After reading this, you will understand SASSA payment dates and all related to the SRD status. SASSA Status Check - R350 Payment Dates
How to Withdraw SASSA Relief Fund From Absa ATM
This article explains everything you want to know about withdrawing SASSA relief funds from Absa ATM
How to Withdraw Money from SASSA Account Without Card
This article will show you how to withdraw money from SASSA without a card through ABSA’s Cash Send or FNB’s E-Wallet
How Long Will SASSA R350 Grant Last?
In this article, we will look at how long the SASSA R350 last, its continuation, payment duration, and other alternatives to the SASSA grant.
Required Documents For SASSA Child Support Grant
There are a number of required documents for SASSA child support that you must provide with your SASSA child grant application
SASSA Application Statuses And Their Meanings
SASSA Application Statuses. Here are some of the most common statuses you will encounter, as well as information on what they mean for you.