Many people go through the application process required by the SASSA SRD grant but find out that their applications have been declined or rejected because they did not meet all the requirements.
This article delves into how to get approved and start receiving your money successfully.
Who Qualifies For SRD Grant?
Announced in March 2020 by president Cyril Ramaphosa a new social grant which benefited unemployed South African citizens and refugees, Asylum seekers and special permit holders between the ages of 18 and 60. He later announced in March 2022 an extension of the SRD grant, which will last till March 2023. The new extension came with new requirements, which anyone who wants to benefit from it should fall under. If you applied for the previous grant under the old requirements, you must reapply to continue receiving the grant. The following are the revised requirements:
- You must be a South African citizen or refugee registered in the Home Affairs database. You must have a special permit like the special Angolan Dispensation, Lesotho Exemption Permit, a Zimbabwe, or an Asylum whose document is valid.
- Live within the borders of South Africa.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 60.
- Be unemployed
- Currently not receiving any social grant at the moment.
- Currently not receiving any COVID-19 support.
- Currently not receiving the Unemployment Insurance benefit.
- Currently not receiving National Student Financial Aid Scheme Stipend.
- Not a resident in a government-funded or subsidized institution.
How do I Know That I Qualify for R350?
As listed above, you can assess yourself through the qualifications to see if you fall short anywhere. Missing even one of them does not make you qualify for R350. Also, you are disqualified if you receive a monthly income of R350 in your bank account. A perfect example is that a parent who receives the child support grant and applies for SRD R350 will be disqualified.
How Do I Apply For SRD R350 If I Qualify?
After accessing yourself with the new requirement and you wish to apply for the R350 grant, follow the steps below;
- Visit the website srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Scroll till you see “how do I apply for this SRD grant” section.
- Click on the yellow bar that reads, “click here to apply online”.
- Enter your phone number and click on click on send SMS.
- Enter the one-time pin sent through the SMS for you into the required field.
- Continue by filling in the required details.
You can also apply via WhatsApp through the number 0820468553
- Send a message to the number above.
- A response will be sent; reply by sending “help”.
- A repose will come with many options; reply by sending “4”.
- Your reply will send to the Unathi SASSA platform message; reply by sending SRD.
- Now confirm if you are applying for yourself or someone else.
- Submit your full name and ID number.
- A message will appear on Whatsapp stating the next steps.
What Do I Do If My SRD Grant Application Is Declined?
The reason why many people get declined by SASSa is that after verifying your application, they found out that you :
- Are Employed and also pay taxes
- Submitted details which do not match the ones from the Department of Home Affairs
- Re Registered as deceased on the Department of Home Affairs
- Benefit from the National Student Fund Aid Scheme
- Receive Unemployment benefit
- Do not meet the required age limit
- Receive a social grant other than a child grant.
All these reasons might be why you got declined by SASSA. You can apply for an appeal within a period of 30 days but not exceeding 90 days to the Independent Tribunal for Social Assistance Appeals after you have been declined. The process for appeal goes this way;
- First, visit the https://.srd.dsd.gov.za/ website.
- Click on the green bar that reads “click here to lodge an appeal or check appeal status.
- Enter your ID number and mobile number
- Click the “send” button, and an SMS containing a verification pin will pop up.
- Enter the pin in the required field and click submit.
- Select the month in which you are submitting the appeal and select the down arrow
- Choose the reason for your appeal and click “submit”.
How Do I Know if My Application Is Approved?
Your application will take less than 30 days to get approved. Through these steps, you can still check your application status within those 30 days.
- Visit the srd.sassa.gov.za website.
- Enter your ID number and phone number
- Click the “submit” button
- Your application process will show up
If it appears pending, your application has not been approved yet. If you get approved, you will receive an SMS from SASSA telling you your application has been accepted.
What Are the Requirements to Qualify for a SASSA Pension?
Requirements to Qualify for a SASSA Pension. Read on to learn the requirements for one to qualify for a SASSA pension.
What Disabilities Are Not Covered By SASSA?
Today we dive deeper into what disabilities are covered and are not covered by SASSA to help you with your application process.
How to Check SASSA R350 Application Status
All you need to know about the SASSA R350 application status check and the like will be discussed in this article.
How to Withdraw R350 Grant At Pick n Pay
SAPO has said that the South African Social Security Agency's SRD R350 grant can now be collected at Pick n Pay across the county
How to Apply For SASSA SRD Food Voucher
How to Apply For SASSA SRD Food Voucher. Read on to learn the steps you can take to apply for this kind of assistance.
How Much Is the SASSA Grant Money?
This article covers the details of these increases, including the amount per grant, payment dates, and more. How Much Is the SASSA Grant Money
Why Is My SASSA Grant Not Paid?
Why Is My SASSA Grant Not Paid?. Check out the reasons why the SASSA grant is not paid.
Why Is My SASSA R350 Grant Declined?
Why is my SASSA R350 Grant declined? Your SASSA R350 grant could have been turned down for more than one reason
How To Track SASSA R350 Grant Application
We will look at how one can track SASSA R350 grant applications online, on WhatsApp, and other relevant information surrounding SASSA grant tracking.
What Date is the Next SASSA Payout
What Date is the Next SASSA Payout. This article covers the SASSA payment dates, grant increases, and how to check your SASSA payday.
SASSA Grant Application for Asylum Seekers And Special Permit Holders
Are you an asylum seeker or special permit holder in South Africa? If so, you may be eligible for financial relief through the Social Relief of Distress
How to Cancel SASSA Child Grant
There are certain measures you should take to terminate this kind of child support. Read on to learn how to cancel the SASSA child grant.
How to Apply for the SASSA Child Support Grant
Economically disadvantaged South Africans with children under the age of 18, you can apply for the SASSA child support grant
Here’s How to Reinstate Your SASSA SRD Grant
Here's How to Reinstate Your SASSA SRD Grant. In this article, you will learn all about the reinstatement of the SRD grant.