Students that wish to check the information or view updates on their NSFAS account using their ID number will only be able to do so if they’ve already created a MyNSFAS account online.
The process to create a MyNSFAS account is as follows:
- Visit www.mynsfas.org.za online and click on “MyNSFAS account.”
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the tab labeled “My personal details.”
- Add your email address and cellphone number.
- A One-Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to your cellphone number.
- Enter the OPT and submit.
After that, your details are submitted, and your account will be activated.
This article will explain the various ways to check your NSFAS account for application progress and ongoing updates once you’re accepted for funding.
How do I check my NSFAS using my ID number?
If you’re a student who’s applied for funding through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), you will need to know how to keep up to date with your application progress. There are several ways students can track their NSFAS application status, but the simplest method is by logging in to your NSFAS account online.
If you have already created a MyNSFAS account and want to check your application status, you can easily do this by logging into your MyNSFAS account. Here are the steps:
- Log into your MyNSFAS account portal www.mynsfas.org.za
- Enter your ID number or username and password
- Click “SIGN IN”
- Click on Track Funding Progress
You will then be able to view the status of your application.
Students’ ID numbers serve as their USERNAME and are required when logging into the student portal; however, they can also use their email addresses if they choose.
How to re-register your MyNSFAS account
In some instances, students try logging into their MyNSFAS accounts and receive an error reading “ID number does not exist.” This is not a huge issue and can easily be fixed by re-registering your portal account.
Here are the steps to re-register your account:
- Visit the NSFAS website www.nasfas.org.za
- Click the MyNSFAS tab
- Click Register
- Tick the box allowing NSFAS to verify your details
- Insert your ID number
- Type in your full name and surname
- Type in your email address
- Confirm your email address
- Type in your cellphone number
- Create a unique and memorable password
- Confirm your password
- Upload a copy of your ID
- Click Register
- You will receive an OTP on the email, and cellphone number you provided
- Type in the OPT and submit
Your account should be immediately re-registered thereafter.
Is there another way to check NSFAS status?
In addition to checking your NSFAS status online, NSFAS also provides three other methods to do this:
- Contact NSFAS Directly – Students who would prefer to check their NSFAS status over the telephone can do so by calling the NSFAS Call Centre on 0860021150. If you are planning to use this method, you will need to have your application number and ID number ready, as the agent will require this information to locate your application and provide an update.
- Through the University or TVET College – Students that applied for NSFAS funding through an approved institution can track their NSFAS status through that institution. Each institution uses its own unique method of tracking applications; therefore, the student will need to contact the institution directly to find out the best way to view their application status.
- Email tracking – A simpler way that students can track their applications online is by checking their email inboxes and spam folders. NSFAS updates every student via the email they used when registering their account.
If NSFAS has approved a student’s funding application, they will send a confirmation letter to the student’s email, which will contain information on how to activate and log into the account online.
Once a student is successfully logged into the online portal, they are able to view their balances, update their information and make payments online.
How do you check if NSFAS has approved me?
The first and most important information that every applicant should know is that NSFAS communicates application results to all applicants only once they receive confirmation that an academic offer has been made to the student from the university or college they applied to.
Every application moves through several processes before it can be approved, and the easiest way to view your application’s progress is to log into your MyNSFAS account, where you can view exactly which stage your application is in.
Check your application status in 3 easy steps:
- Login to the MyNSFAS student portal www.my.nasfas.org.za
- Sign in by entering your username and login
- Click on ‘Track Funding Progress’
Once you’ve completed the steps above, you should be able to see if your application has been finalized or if it is still going through the process.
If you’re unable to log into your MyNSFAS account for whatever reason, NSFAS does notify all applicants of the outcome of their application via both SMS and email.
Here are a few things to remember:
- Ensure that you have access to the cell phone number that you provided on your original NSFAS application
- Ensure that you have access to the email address that you provided on your original NSFAS application
- Ensure that all your contact information reflected on your MyNSFAS account is up-to-date and accurate
Your MyNSFAS account is extremely important because the information that you’ve provided could delay or even affect the overall outcome of your application if it is incorrect. If information such as your cell number or email address has changed, you must update this on your MyNSFAS profile as soon as possible.
How do I check my NSFAS profile?
If you have already created a MyNSFAS account and want to check or update your profile, you can easily do this by logging into your MyNSFAS account. Here are the steps:
- Log into your MyNSFAS account portal www.nsfas.org.za and click on “MyNSFAS account.
- Enter your ID number or username and password.
- Click “SIGN IN.”
- Click the tab labeled “My Personal Details.”
- If you wish to change any of your details, you will need to click the “Update Your Details” button.
- You will receive an OTP on your email and your cellphone number.
- Type in the OTP and click “Submit.”
Once complete, the new details entered will appear on your personal account.
While NSFAS does make it possible for applicants and students to access their MySFAS accounts in several ways, using the online methods is by far the most convenient. Students who originally submitted their applications online would likely have already created their MyNFAS accounts during the application process; however, students who applied manually or through a walk-in center need to create a new account. If your personal information has changed or you cannot log into your MyNSFAS account, you may need to re-register your account, which can be done easily online in only a few minutes.
How Long Does NSFAS Take To Approve Application?
On average, it takes days to a few weeks for your application to be reviewed by someone in the NSFAS office.
Which Postgraduate Courses does NSFAS Fund?
Which Postgraduate Courses does NSFAS Fund?. Today we look at this in more detail, including some other options you have.
Who Qualifies For NSFAS Bursary?
Who Qualifies For NSFAS Bursary?. The following criteria exist for those who are not eligible or cannot apply for NSFAS:
Does NSFAS Fund Private Colleges?
Does NSFAS Fund Private Colleges?. In this article, we will look into the mission and motive of NSFAS regarding private colleges.
How to Check Your NSFAS Wallet balance
How to check your NSFAS wallet balance online can keep in a state of mind that is conducive to your academic career
How to Apply For NSFAS Laptop Online
Applying For NSFAS Laptop helps students access the technological innovations implemented by the bursary scheme, something covered in this article.
What Does NSFAS “DHA Verification Failed” Mean?
When you receive the 'DHA Verification Failed' message from NSFAS, it means that some anomalies have been found in application during the verification process
When Will I Receive My First NSFAS Allowance?
To give readers a thorough grasp of the NSFAS allowance system, we shall examine this query in this post along with several similar ones.
NSFAS Closing Date For Second Semester 2023
NSFAS Closing Date For Second Semester 2023. Nsfas opening date for the second semester of 2023?
How To Unlock NSFAS Account
If you are looking for answers on how to unlock NSFAS account, then it clearly means the system has taken you off
How To Find Your NSFAS Reference Number: A Comprehensive Guide
How To Find Your NSFAS Reference Number? Follow these three easy steps to get the NSFAS reference number
What Happens To NSFAS When You Change University?
What Happens To NSFAS When You Change University? Should you decide to change Universities and still qualify for NSFAS, you will be able to keep your funding and continue at your new institution
How Much Does NSFAS Pay For Accommodation
Here's How Much Does NSFAS Pay For Accommodation. Fees vary across universities, so there is no fixed maximum allowance set for student accommodation.
How To Transfer NSFAS To Another Institution
If you're thinking of changing institutions or courses, knowing how this will affect your NSFAS funding is important