My application for the NSFAS bursary was unsuccessful for several reasons. It may be because you violated their rules.
Why Would NSFAS Reject My Application?
NSFAS would not just provide you with a bursary because you are a South African. The scheme uses criteria to select students who want to benefit from their program. If your family’s annual income is above R350000, You must not attempt to apply because you do not qualify
Again, if you give fake information and documents or provide incomplete and wrong information during the application, you have to rest assured that your application will be rejected. It happens especially after thorough underground checks have been done by agents or officials of the scheme to know whether all the information you provided was genuine.
Also, NSFAS has a rule called the N+2 rule, which they use for all their beneficiaries. This N+2 rule applies to the number of years an institution will give to offer a course until completion, plus an additional two years if it becomes necessary to do the course again.
With this, if you use four years to attain a degree and have to reread some courses for at most two years, NSFAS will fund you for the two years. However, after two years, all other courses you would like to read must be covered by yourself. The scheme will no longer assist you financially.
NSFAS expects the bursary it gives students to yield good results; if you perform poorly in academics as a continuing student, the scheme will no longer fund your education if you score below 50% in your modules.
What do I do if my NSFAS application is unsuccessful?
To take any action after knowing my NSFAS application has been unsuccessful, I must follow the steps below;
- Step 1: Log in to the MYNSFAS account using the link https://my.nsfas.org.za
- Step 2: Enter my username or email address and password
- Step 3: Click on the login button.
- Step 4: Select Track Application Progress
- If your application were not successful, it would be indicated. Now that you know my status, you can make an appeal for your application to be reviewed.
- Step 5: Click on the Submit Appeal button.
- Once the page opens, I will be informed why my application has been rejected.
- Step 6: Select a reason for the appeal you’re making
- Step 7: Provide all the required information and upload certified copies of the necessary supporting documents.
- Step 8: Click on Submit Appeal
I must constantly visit the MYNSFAS portal to track my application status, whether the appeal was successful or not. The appeal submission must be made within 30 days after the unsuccessful NSFAS application.
I can as well submit my appeal via email. All I have to do is to provide all the needed information and attach the necessary documents as well to the email address provided below;
How do you know if NSFAS has rejected you?
I will know my NSFAS application has been rejected after underground checks by NSFAS officials prove that I violated their rules; therefore, I don’t qualify. With this, I will receive an SMS or an email from NSFAS showing I have been rejected. You can also track my application status by visiting the MYNSFAS student portal using the link: http://www.nsfas.org.za%20to/.
After I have logged in with my credentials, there will be an indication stating that “Application unsuccessful.”
Only applicants selected to benefit from the NSFAS bursary will have it indicated in their portal that “Approved for funding subject to registration.”
Does NSFAS Give Reasons Your Application Is Unsuccessful?
Yes, NSFAS explains why applicants have their applications rejected. The reasons they give are as follows;
- I did not apply to study in a public university or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in South Africa.
- I live a comfortable life, and in my household, the annual income exceeds R350000, or I am disabled, and my annual income exceeds R600000.
- The course I want to read at the university is not an approved selected course of NSFAS. Therefore the scheme cannot fund me.
- Per the N+2 rule, I have exceeded the number of years NSFAS can support my education financially.
- I deferred the course I am offering for a whole academic year.
- I failed to attain 50% and more in my modules as a continuing student who wants to benefit from NSFAS funds; therefore, the scheme cannot continue to back me financially.
When Will I Receive My First NSFAS Allowance?
To give readers a thorough grasp of the NSFAS allowance system, we shall examine this query in this post along with several similar ones.
How Much Does Nsfas Pay For NCV Students?
In this piece, we will delve into the financial assistance extended by the NSFAS with a specific focus on students enrolled in NCV programs
How Much Must you Earn to Qualify for NSFAS?
While reading this article, you will notice that we have answered some of your burning questions regarding How Much Must you Earn to Qualify for NSFAS?
Is NSFAS A Bursary Or A Loan?
Is NSFAS a Bursary or a Loan?. This article will examine the distinction between an NSFAS bursary and an NSFAS loan
What to Do When Your NSFAS Account Is Locked?
What to Do When Your NSFAS Account Is Locked? Which is why this article was written to help you when your NSFAS account is locked.
Will ISFAP Bursary Replace NSFAS?
Will ISFAP Bursary Replace NSFAS?. ISFAP will not replace the NSFAS since ISFAP does not cater to the same students targeted by NSFAS.
Can I Reapply For NSFAS More Than Once If Unsuccessful
If you have thought about if it is possible to apply for NSFAS more than once, then remember this article will fill that void.
Documents Needed to Apply For NSFAS
What Is Needed When Applying For NSFAS?. Documents Needed to Apply For NSFAS. When applying for NSFAS bursary, ensure your application has following documents.
How Do You Find Out How Much You Owe NSFAS
If you are a students received funding prior to 2018, they will still need to pay it back if any of it is still outstanding.
How Much Does NSFAS Pay For Accommodation
Here's How Much Does NSFAS Pay For Accommodation. Fees vary across universities, so there is no fixed maximum allowance set for student accommodation.
Which Colleges Offer NSFAS in Durban?
Which Colleges Offer NSFAS in Durban? . Here are the colleges that offer NSFAS in Durban.
Will NSFAS Fund Me If I Deregister
We've written this article to bring answers and clarity to any questions you may have regarding the cancellation of your NSFAS funding.
What Does Provisionally Funded Mean (NSFAS)?
Today we will walk you through everything you need to know about this NSFAS status and what’s needed from you when you see it. What Does Provisionally Funded Mean