How to Change SRD Personal Details

By Klenam JU •  Updated: 04/10/24 •  5 min read

The South African Social Security Agency has provided on its website a section in which you can correct or make changes to your personal details. To avoid mistakes when filling out the SASSA SRD R350 grant form, you should crosscheck all information you provide because when it is wrong, it will be denied by SASSA. You also have to update your name anytime your marital status changes. That is, if you get married or get divorced along the line while receiving the grant. This process is very important because the Department of Home Affairs will rectify if the information available does not match the current you. Before this is done, SASSA has to verify that you are the original applicant; by doing this, you have to submit your Application ID and South African ID number.

How to Find My SASSA Application ID

In order to change your personal details in SRD, you need to know your application ID to complete the process successfully. The steps below will direct you on how to check your application ID;

How Can I Change My Personal Details In SRD?

If you are a beneficiary of the South African Social Security Agency’s SRD R350 grant and you want to change your name due to some changes in your life or a mistake you made when filing your R350 grant form, there is a way to change or correct that on the SASSA website. Simply follow the steps below;

It should be noted that if the names and surnames you provide do not match what the Department of Home Affairs has, your details will not be updated, leading to your application being denied.

How To Update Contact Details In SRD

If you are a current beneficiary of the SASSA SRD R350 grant and you wish to change your contact details for some reason, you can do so on the SASSA website by following the steps below; 

How Long Does It Take To Update SASSA R350 Personal Details?

When it comes to how long your details will be updated, there is no set time frame or date for it. The South African Social Security Agency authenticates your details with the Department of Home Affairs every month. If the details do not match, then your application will be declined.

After you have been declined, you can apply for reconsideration within 30 days of receiving the reason for your being declined. This can also be done via the SASSA website in the section which reads “Lodging an appeal”.

Can I Recover My Canceled R350 Grant Application?

Yes, you can. This process of recovering your canceled R350 application is called reinstatement. It can be done via the SASSA website by following the steps below;