Separating dreams from reality should be a conscious effort put into action. It could be a dream to study at one of the most prestigious universities in the world. And certainly, studying at that prestigious university could become a reality.
UNISA, the University of South Africa, is considered one of the best institutions in the world. Every student who looks forward to attending university will also prioritise UNISA as the main choice.
If you are looking to grow and develop your academic career to a new level, then UNISA is the place.
UNISA offers many honours programs and provides students with the opportunity to excel in any field. The university has resources and systems to aid in developing the knowledge of these students.
Are you looking to apply for an honours program at the university? Is your interest in economics? This blog post will be the right guide to take you through how to apply for honours in economics and all other relevant details.
How to apply to UNISA for honours in economics
The Honours programs at UNISA offer a great balance of academic challenge and flexibility. They allow you to specialise in your chosen field while still being able to manage your personal commitments.
If you have a passion for economics or any other field, UNISA offers a diverse selection of options that cater to your interests.
Here is how to apply to UNISA for honours in economics
- First, visit the official site of the University of South Africa using the URL www.unisa.ac.za
- Under the admission section, click on Apply for admission.
- Once the page opens, proceed to select first-time UNISA application under “honours degree and postgraduate diplomas.
- Read the information shown – The information displayed afterwards is for your careful consideration and review.
- Click on “Start the process” after reading all the information.
- Proceed to read all the information for the application.
- Click on “Proceed to ODeL and UNISA”, which is at the bottom of the page.
- Once the page loads, read through to select the appropriate option for you.
- Select your qualification (economics) by searching it through the tabs or by typing it in the search bar.
- The next steps inform you about the application details, which are necessary for your perusal.
- Click on “Apply online” at the bottom of the page.
- The next page is the application tool – select your honours degree.
- A new tab request for your student’s number; as a new applicant, you must select “No”.
- Fill in all the spaces that are required for your personal information.
- Ensure all information entered in the tab must correspond to your Identification document.
- Click next to select your college and course details
- The next stage is to confirm your economic honour qualification; once done, Click Next
- Add your academic records at the next stage, and ensure to fill all open spaces about your academic history.
- Once done, click Add at the bottom of the page to submit your academic records.
- Click continue once done or if you have no other academic records to add.
- The next page allows you to complete 3 key questions about your application.
- Proceed to fill in all personal information about your application, self and family.
- Upon completion of all pages, confirm your qualification on the page and proceed.
- Click “Agree” after reading the terms and conditions.
- Proceed to upload all required documents for your application.
- Finally, click submit to send your application for the honours in economics.
What are the requirements for Unisa honours economics?
Admission requirements are in place to ensure that students accepted into a program have the necessary knowledge and skills to do well in their chosen field of study. It also offers a standardised method for evaluating and selecting students.
Usually, to qualify for an Honours program in economics, you will need to have completed a bachelor’s degree related to the field. Examples of such degrees include a Bachelor of Economics or a Bachelor of Commerce specialising in economics. To be eligible, it is necessary for you to have successfully completed your undergraduate studies and achieved a satisfactory academic performance.
- Must have obtained NQF level 7 qualification from a recognised institution for higher education
- A minimum of 60% for the major(s) or for a selected number of NQF 7 modules in the qualification.
Is economics Honours worth it?
Economic honours is one of the most aspired courses at UNISA. If you are looking to qualify for economic honours, it is alright to weigh the options as this helps you understand the pros and cons.
Obtaining an economics honours is worth it as it is demanded within many job spaces. It also broadens your knowledge within the economics and statistics space.
What is the difference between B.Sc economics and economics Honours?
Firmly, there is a clear difference between B.Sc economics and economics honours. There are so many differences that could be highlighted. But ultimately, the difference between these two is mostly hammered on the courses, qualifications and level of achievement.
The main distinction between a Bachelor of Science in Economics and an Economics Honours program is the level of depth and specialisation in the coursework. A Bachelor of Science degree in Economics usually offers a comprehensive understanding of economics. It includes a combination of required and optional courses covering different field areas. Choosing a more flexible course selection can often provide the opportunity to explore various related disciplines.
However, an Economics Honours program is known for being more specialised and rigorous. Typically, students are required to explore economic theory and conduct research, which often includes working on a thesis or a comprehensive research project. In addition, honours programs often have more stringent GPA requirements and expect students to maintain a higher level of academic performance.
How many years do you study honours at Unisa?
If you are looking to apply for the honours program and wondering how many years to complete it, then know that you have a short time to complete it. The duration for the honours in economics usually takes one year to complete.
Which is better, BA Economics or Economics Honours?
Considering the scope of these programs, it is important to know where you want to work or study after this. The BA economics focuses more on the broader aspect of economics and looks more at the theoretical part. Studying for a BA in economics can take you 4 years, which means you have to add up all the modules within the humanities department.
On the other hand, the economics honours are well streamlined to specific courses that cover the economics aspect. Although this course may be one year, it involves a lot of practicals.
Knowing which one is better depends on the amount to spend for the period of studying, the job space available, your next academic work and many more.
Most of the time, people may consider economics honours to be better than BA economics as it covers what is involved in BA economics with less amount of fees paid and also a short period to complete.
How to Cancel A Unisa Module After Registration
How to Cancel A Unisa Module After Registration. We will help you navigate through the process and make your academic journey a little easier.
How to Activate My Unisa Account
In this blog post, we will give you the simple steps to activate my UNISA account, get your login details and more
When Does Unisa Registration Open For 2023
Unisa registration for the 2023 school year is now open. Students can now fill out applications to join the institution
When Does UNISA Application Close?
When Does UNISA Application Close. You will gain more information about applying to UNISA, the application closing dates, and courses available
How to Calculate Unisa Final Mark After Exam
If you find yourself in the bracket, this blog post will give you a clue on how the final mark is calculated at UNISA
What Happens If I Fail Unisa Supplementary Exam
Fail Unisa Supplementary Exam. In this article, the content will focus more on issues that arise around supplementary exams at UNISA.
How to Become A Teaching Assistant At Unisa
This article will focus on becoming a teaching assistant at the University of South Africa. We will discuss the process of applying and more
How to Track Unisa Parcel
Talking about parcels at the University of South Africa; this blog will take you through parcel tracking and deliveries within UNISA.
How Does Unisa Calculate Credits?
The credits are calculated using study time per module. The article explains how Unisa calculate credits.
How to Check Unisa Outstanding Fees
In the context of UNISA fees, we will be sharing with you a guide on how you can easily check your outstanding fees at UNISA
Unisa Toll-Free Number
Distance students need the UNISA toll-free number. They can call the campus without long-distance fees.
How to Apply For Unisa Council Bursary
In this blog post, we will take you through a step-by-step guide on applying for the UNISA council bursary, the coverage of the council bursary
How to Apply For Aegrotat Special Exams At Unisa
We will be taking you through a series of questions that describes the Aegrotat test, its applications and special requirement.